All working days - 8 AM to 4 PM
Following facilities are available in this department:
» Bronchoscopy (including Endobronchial biopsies, Needle aspiration (TBNA), Transbronchial lung biopsies (TBLB), Stenting procedures, Electrocantery, etc.)
» Pulmonary Function Testing Laboratories (4)
» Sleep Laboratory
» Allergy Testing clinic
» Smoking Cessation clinic
» Non-invasive ventilators / Respiratory ICU
» Central Oxygen supply / Isolation beds in wards
» Pulmonary Rehabilitation programmes
» Medical Thoracoscopy
» Rigid bronchoscopy / Video assisted thoracoscopic surgeries
» DOTS Centre
|Date of Birth|
|Dr.K Rennis Davis||Professor and HOD||MD Pulmonary Medicine 2003, DNB 2004||13 Years||01-05-1974||Profile|
|Dr. Krishnakumar E V||Associate Professor||MD Pulmonary Medicine 2010||6 Years 2 Months||24-12-1980||Profile|
|Dr.Thomas Vadakkan||Assistant Professor||MD Pulmonary Medicine 2002||5 Years||10-05-1974|
|Dr.Janso Kollanur||Senior Resident||MD Pulmonary Medicine 2016||2 months||09-01-1988|
|Dr.Biby Susan||Junior Resident|
|Dr.Mohammedkutty LR||Junior Resident|
|Dr.Nileena Nath||Junior Resident|
|Dr.Azhakath Suresh Abhay||Junior Resident|
Graduated from Govt Medical College Thrissur, MD from Govt Medical College Patiala (2003), and Diplomate of National board (2004), is a fellow of American College of chest physician and Royal College of Glasgow.
Worked at Lakeshore, Kochi (2004) and as Assistant professor at KMC Manipal(2005, 2006), and now at Amala Institute of Medical sciences (since 2007). Currently working as Professor & head of Post Graduate Department of Pulmonary Medicine, at Amala.
Attended various National and international Conferences which included oral and poster presentations. Has few International Publications, MBBS Scholarship and postgraduate awards to his credit.
Special area of interest includes Interventional Pulmonology and Critical care.
MBBS from Government Medical College, Thrissur in 2004
MD Pulmonary Medicine from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in 2010
DTCD from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in 2009
Senior Resident in Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Government Medical College, Thrissur
Assistant Professor in Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Ernakulam
Consultant Pulmonologist, Modern Hospital, Kodungallur
Life member of IMA, APCCM, Pulmonology Club Thrissur
'Gold Medal for the best PG' in the exam conducted by APCCM in RESPICON, May 2010
MBBS from Government Medical College, Thrissur in 1997
MD Pulmonary Medicine from Premier Institute JIPMER in 2002
Worked in KPM Hospital, Malappuram, West Fort Group of Hospital, Thrissur, Chest Hospital, Ministry of Health, Kuwait.
Joined Amala in 2011 as Consultant Pulmonologist.
Studies (on going)
Post graduation courses started on 2012.
1. Jai Krishan, Rennis Davis, Kiranjeet Kaur, Neelam Varma - A study of Role of serotonin and its metabolites causing joint pains/ shoulder hand syndrome in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis taking isoniazid containing regimens - chest Oct 2003, Vol. 124, No.4.
2. Jayakrishnan Kolady, Rennis Davis, Rupesh George, Biju Jacob - Successful thrombolytic therapy for massive pulmonary embolism following abdominoplasty - Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery 20l3, Vol 46, Issue 3, Page 600 -601.
3. V D Thomas, S Vinod Kumar, B Gitanjali - Predictors of nocturnal oxygen desaturation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a south Indian population- Journal of Post Graduate Medicine 2002, Vol 48, Issue 2, Page 101- 4.
4. K Rennis Davis, D. Thomas Vadakkan, E.V. Krishnakumar, A. Muhammed Anas - Serial bronchoscopic . lung lavage in pulmonary alveolar proteinosis under local anaesthesia - Lung India Apr.2015 Vol 32(2), 162-164.
5. Easwaramangalath Venugopal Krishnakumar, Muhammed Arras, Davis Kizakkepeedika Rennis, Vadakken Devasy Thomas, Babu Vinod - Efficacy of drainage of pleural effusion using small bore pleural catheter and conventional throacostomy using large bore chest tube ; a comparative study - International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 2015, 3(11) : 3177 - 3181.
6. Domini Dixy, Mannarathu Mary, Anas Muhammed, Davis Rennis - Effectiveness of breathing exercises in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases - Indian Journal of respiratory care 2015, Vol 4, 561 - 4.
7. S. Johnson, A. Shenoy, R Davis - Noninvasive positive pressure ventilation in acute respiratory failure: A study of clinical outcome - Journal of respiratory care 2007, 127.
8. IUATLD (WHO) - November 2003