Department promotes knowledge of how the human body functions through a detailed study of cells, organs and systems. A thorough knowledge of the physiological mechanisms regulating normal function is essential to understand the pathophysiology of the underlying diseases.
» Undergraduate programme includes: Providing comprehensive training in experimental and clinical physiology. The faculty of the department of physiology pertains to more applied and clinically-oriented teaching to provide an objective-oriented learning. Along with this, seminars are being conducted for the students.
» Training of B.Sc. Nursing students on basic physiology along with demonstration of haematology experiments and seminars.
» Postgraduate programme includes extensive training of Post Graduate students of different faculties of medicine in basic sciences and enable them to incorporate the tools and techniques of physiology with other disciplines and to conduct research at the molecular, cellular, organ and whole body level.
» As part of the CME programme, the faculty of department of physiology conducted a scientific programme "Memory - From mind to molecules" in the month of January 2008. The scientific sessions included the physiological, pathological, pharmacological and research aspects of memory. Eminent speakers from various specialities had attended the scientific programme.
» The faculty had participated in the Guest lecture series conducted by department of medicine and have extended their expertise for the same.
» Faculty attended CME and conference in the state and national level.
» Research activities:
1. The faculty and UG students presented papers and posters at different conferences in state and national levels.
2. Faculty published articles in reputed medical journals.
3. Funded projects like ICMR is undertaken by the faculty.
4. Faculty had participated in Guest Lectures at different conferences in State/National Level and also in other universities.
» Faculty participated in guest Lecture series on value added education to undergraduate students.
|Date of Birth|
|Dr. Anand R Dharwadkar||Professor and HOD||MD Physiology 1990||26 Years||22-07-1948||Profile|
|Dr. Asha A Dharwadkar||Professor||MD Physiology 1990||26 Years||10-07-1950||Profile|
|Dr. Bindu C B||Professor||MD Physiology 2004||12 Years 6 Months||30-04-1970||Profile|
|Dr. Tinju James||Assistant Professor||MD Physiology 2015||1 Year 3 Months|
|Dr. Rakesh L. John||Assistant Professor||MD Physiology 2016||Nil|
|Ms. Doniya Joson C||Tutor||M.Sc. Medical Physiology2008||6 Years 7 Months|
|Dr.Roosha Satheesh||Tutor||MBBS 2012||Nil|
UG & PG examiner in various Universities like KUD, RGUHS, NTRUHS, MUHS, KUHS, GOA, etc. Dissertations for MD Exam. "Study of growth of preschool children in Urban slums in Bijapur" - by Dr. S M Patil (2007). "Influence of Cigarette Smoking on Human Cardio Vascular Autonomic Functions" - by Dr. M J Patil (2008). "A study on assessment of Cardiovascular Autonomic functions in different age groups." - by Dr. Srilaxmi Bagali (2009). "Study of glycemic status and cardiovascular Autonomic functions in the offsprings of Type 2 Diabetic Parents." - by Sangeetha Thoppad.(2010).Position held : Member of Board of studies 2006-2009 RGUHS. Chairman of Scientific research society 2008-2009 BLDEU. Chairman Board of Studies (Physiology) 2008 -2011 BLDEU. Member of Academic council of BLDEU, 2008 -2011. APPI life member, since 2000. SRS life member, since 1995. PG teacher selection committee member, Goa University. Consultancy / Extension activities : Written articles & books on sex education.
UG & PG examiner in various Universities like KUD, RGUHS, NTRUHS, MUHS, KUHS, GOA, etc. Positions Held : Member of ethical committee AIMS - 2014. Member of Board of studies 2008-2011 BLDEU. Member of core committee of Medical education cell - 2006-2011 BLDEU. APPI life member, since 2000. SRS life member, since 1995. Chairman of standing committee for health, CMC, Bagalkot 1985 -89. Consultancy / Extension activities : Written articles & books on sex education.
MBBS from B M Patil Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka in 2006. MD Physiology from St. John's Medical College, Bengaluru in 2010.(Both comes under the Rajeev Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)). Life time member of Journal IJPP.
1. 2015 - Anand.R.Dharwadkar, Asha A Dharwadkar. Increased cardiorespiratory efficiency at rest as an effect of daily practice of relaxation techniques for 8 weeks in 1st phase MBBS students. National journal of Basic Medical Sciences. 2015: Vol 5 Issue 4: 125-130.
2. 2015- Madhura M, Kannan N, Santosh Patil. Evaluation of different teaching modalities for better understanding of subject in first year medical students. International journal of biomedical research 2015; vol 6:(5);320-322.
3. 2015 - Anand.R.Dharwadkar, Asha A Dharwadkar, Bindu.C.B, Negative Feed Back regulation of oestrogen & vasodilatory function of Progesterone responsible for preovulatory Gonadotropin Surge (LH Surge) – A Hypothesis. Journal of Medical Science and clinical research, JMSCR Volume 3 Issue 4 April 2015.
4. 2014 - Asha A Dharwadkar, Bindu.C.B, Anand.R.Dharwadkar. A comparative study of breath holding time as an Index of central Ventilatory Response in young healthy adults of both Sexes. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences Sci 2014;04(09):806-812.
5. 2014 - Madhura M, Sandhya T.A; “ Effect of different phases of menstrual cycle on reflection Index , stiffness index and pulse wave velocity” in arterial stiffness” in healthy subjects; Journal of clinical and diagnostic research 2014 Sep, Vol-8(9): BC01-BC04.
6. 2014- Madhura M, Doniya Joson ; “Cyclical variation of leucocyte profile in healthy females : a comparison with males” ; International journal of biomedical research 2014 ; vol 5 (4)
7. 2014 - Santhosh Patil, Madhura M, Abdul Khader ; “Stress symptoms , stressors and coping strategies in first year medical students”; International journal of Bioessays ;.2014,3(05),2083-2086.
8. 2014 - Dr. Asha Dharwadkar, Dr. Anand Dharwadkar, Dr. Bindu, ; Guest lecture on “Taste pathway & its lateralization in human beings – A 8. Review on related controversies” accepted for publication of article at National conference on “ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & NEUROLOGY TRENDS IN ELECTRO DIAGNOSIS & RESEARCH’ held at D. Y. Patil University, Kolhapur.
9. 2013 ; Dr. Bindu, Dr. Asha Dharwadkar, Dr. Anand Dharwadkar . “Comparative study of the immediate effect of deep breathing exercise coupled with breath holding upto breaking point, on Respiratory rate, Heart rate, Mean arterial blood pressure & Peak expiratory flow rate in young adults”; Medical science 2013; 1(2): 33 -38. Best paper award for the year 2013 is awarded by publishers of Medical science journal for the publication in their journal
10. 2013; NithinY.M , Sucharitha S, Madhura M, ThomasT, Sandhya TA. “Vo2 Max in an Indian population; A study to understand the role of factors determining Vo2 Max”; Indian journal physiol pharmacol 2013 : 57(2): 87-94
11. 2012; M.Madhura , Sandhya TA. “Effect of short duration aerobic exercise training on reflection Index , stiffness index and pulse wave velocity” ; Indian journal physiol pharmacol 2012:56(1):15-20